BAföG is the most favorable form of student financing! The five most important reasons:
- Half of it is free, you don't have to pay it back later!
- The other half is an interest-free (!) loan. You won't get anything like that from any bank.
- No matter how much BAföG you get, in the end you have to pay back a maximum of 10,010 euros.
- You don't have to start paying back the BAföG in small installments until five years after graduation.
- You don't have to worry that you might not be able to pay the debt. If you still don't have a job five years after you successfully graduate that allows you to afford it, you'll pay later. And if you still haven't been able to repay your BAföG in full after 20 years, the remaining debt may be forgiven altogether.
- It is faster.
- Prescribing does not matter.
- Incomplete information is displayed immediately.
- Missing documents are listed immediately.
- You can submit documents electronically.
- Your data is transmitted securely and there are no delays due to typing errors.
- You can save your application in between and continue later.
- You can check the status of your application online.
You still don't want to apply for BAföG? Maybe Johanna, Janina, Sophie, Artur, Aly and Sebastian can convince you otherwise. In our BAföG mini-series "friends without money" on YouTube, they repeatedly state: No BAföG is no solution either!