Direkt zu den Speiseplänen


www.studentenwerk-hannover.de Logo StwH


In general, if couples are married they have a joint legal custody. Single mothers do initially have a sole custody. If the parents agree on a joint legal custody, they can submit a declaration of custody documentally. This is only possible with the consent of the mother. A single father cannot sue for a joint legal custody. The declaration of custody can take place at a notary/solicitor as well as at the Department for Youth and Family.

If single parents who had declared shared custody separate, the joint legal custody remains in place and can only be refuted by means of a custody lawsuit at court. With divorced parents, shared custody is the rule as well, if no parent presses a custody lawsuit.

The declaration of custody can be applied for for free at the Fachbereich für Jugend und Familie der Stadt Hannover (Department for Youth and Family of the City of Hanover).



Studentenwerk Hannover
Social and International Affairs Dept.

Lodyweg 1 C
30167 Hannover

Phone +49 511 76-88 919
Phone +49 511 76-88 922
Phone +49 511 76-88 935
Fax +49 511 76-88 927

Consulting Times