Direkt zu den Speiseplänen


www.studentenwerk-hannover.de Logo StwH

Alimony for Childcaring Parent

Parents who care for their children and accordingly cannot work are entitled to receive care support payments (alimony) by the other parent until the child is three years old.

Accordingly, students may claim alimony if they are not able to pursue any other occupation (work and/or studies) besides the care and education of their child. Therefore, students on leave of absence with a child younger than three years can claim alimony for themselves from the other parent, as they devote all their time to caring for their child. If, however, a parent continues his/her studies after the birth of their child, he or she cannot claim alimony from the other parent.

In case of separation or divorce, obligations for support payments (alimony) are in effect beyond this point, if necessary.



Studentenwerk Hannover
Social and International Affairs Dept.

Lodyweg 1 C
30167 Hannover

Phone +49 511 76-88 919
Phone +49 511 76-88 922
Phone +49 511 76-88 935
Fax +49 511 76-88 927

Consulting Times