Direkt zu den Speiseplänen


www.studentenwerk-hannover.de Logo StwH

Child Benefit ("Kindergeld")

Child Benefit for the Children of Students

Those student parents who habitually reside in Germany are entitled to child benefit ("Kindergeld"). You will find initial information, especially on the amount of child benefit, on our website's German page Kindergeld.

For detailed information on receiving child benefits, entitlement and application, refer to the handout Merkblatt Kindergeld, published by the "Bundeszentralamt für Steuern".

You can apply for Child Benefits at the Family Benefits Office ("Familienkasse") of your local Employment Agency ("Agentur für Arbeit"). Students working in public service submit the application to their employer.

Child Benefit for Students

Students, or their parents respectively, are also entitled to child benefits in general. For more information on child benefits, go to our website's German page Kindergeld, as well. 



Studentenwerk Hannover
Social and International Affairs Dept.

Lodyweg 1 C
30167 Hannover

Phone +49 511 76-88 919
Phone +49 511 76-88 922
Phone +49 511 76-88 935
Fax +49 511 76-88 927

Consulting Times