Direkt zu den Speiseplänen


www.studentenwerk-hannover.de Logo StwH

Proof of Financing

Most international students come to Germany without a scholarship. They must prove to the German diplomatic representations (embassies) and aliens departments in Germany that they can actually finance their stay. To do this, they have to supply a proof of financing ("Finanzierungsnachweis"). For detailed information on this, refer to the "International Students" portal of the Deutsches Studentenwerk (DSW = German Student Services), on page Proof of Financing.

Taking Your Family Along

A foreign student can be joined by the closest family members (spouse and children) if he/she has enrolled in a German university and if he/she can prove that he/she is able to finance the living costs for him-/herself and the joining family members without depending on governmental support.

For more information, refer to the Ausländerbehörde (aliens department) of the city of Hanover.



Studentenwerk Hannover
Social and International Affairs Dept.

Lodyweg 1 C
30167 Hannover

Phone +49 511 76-88 919
Phone +49 511 76-88 922
Phone +49 511 76-88 935
Fax +49 511 76-88 927

Consulting Times