Direkt zu den Speiseplänen


www.studentenwerk-hannover.de Logo StwH

Health Insurance

Before you are able to receive a residence permit—no matter whether for a language class or a course of study—and to register (enrol) at university, you must prove that you have health insurance coverage.

Essential information on health insurances can be found at the "International Students" portal of the Deutsches Studentenwerk (DSW), on page Health insurance. You can also refer to the DSW's Illustrated Health Dictionary (German–English).

For more information on taking out a public health insurance, please refer to our website's "Arrival and First Steps" section, on page Acquiring a Health Insurance.



Studentenwerk Hannover
Social and International Affairs Dept.

Lodyweg 1 C
30167 Hannover

Phone +49 511 76-88 919
Phone +49 511 76-88 922
Phone +49 511 76-88 935
Fax +49 511 76-88 927

Consulting Times