Direkt zu den Speiseplänen


www.studentenwerk-hannover.de Logo StwH

Staying in Germany

Graduates who would like to work in Germany after completing their studies can obtain an 18-month residence permit for the specific purpose of looking for a job. For essential information on right of residence and commencement of work regulations, go to the "International Students" portal of the Deutsches Studentenwerk (DSW), on page Staying in Germany

Further details about means of financing while looking for a job and restrictive job regulations in Germany are also available here: DAAD Information on the Statutory Frameworks applicable to the Pursuit of Gainful Employment by Foreign Students, Academics and Researchers [PDF].

Job offers for graduates can be found at the Agentur für Arbeit, at online job markets (www.jobworld.de) as well as in regional/national newspapers and specialist journals.

The Career Service of the Leibniz University of Hanover (LUH) and the Career Center of the University for Applied Sciences (HsH) offer special information events for international students on the transition from study to work in Germany. These are financially supported by the Studentenwerk.
You can find these special events in the following programmes:
Events of the LUH Career Service of the LUH
Events of the HsH Career Center of HSH

Doing a Doctorate in Germany

You can find important information on this on the Doctoral studies and research page of the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD). For questions on concrete possibilities of doing doctorates at your university, the International Offices will help you.

The Scholarship Database of the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) will help you to find out which scholarships could apply to you in the postgraduate period.



Studentenwerk Hannover
Social and International Affairs Dept.

Lodyweg 1 C
30167 Hannover

Phone +49 511 76-88 919
Phone +49 511 76-88 922
Phone +49 511 76-88 935
Fax +49 511 76-88 927

Consulting Times