Direkt zu den Speiseplänen


www.studentenwerk-hannover.de Logo StwH

1. Registration (with foreigners'/residents' registration office)

You must register within seven days either at the foreigners' registration office or at the residents' registration office. You must name a permanent address there. If you haven' t found a steady place to live yet, you must name a temporary address. When you move, you have to inform the department/office of your new address.

If you live within the city of Hanover, please contact the

Ausländerbehörde der Landeshauptstadt Hannover
(Aliens Department of the Hanover City Council)
Leinstraße 14
30159 Hannover

Under certain conditions it is already possible to comply with the formalities necessary for getting a residence permit (normally step 6). For this you have to make an appointment. If you just want to register, there is no need to make an appointment.

If you live outside the city of Hanover but within the Hanover region, please contact the corresponding Einwohnermeldeamt (residents' registration office) of your local authority. The places within the region of Hanover as well as the offices in question can be found on the Hanover region website, on page Kommunen in der Region Hannover (cities and municipalities).

2nd Step »



Studentenwerk Hannover
Social and International Affairs Dept.

Lodyweg 1 C
30167 Hannover

Phone +49 511 76-88 919
Phone +49 511 76-88 922
Phone +49 511 76-88 935
Fax +49 511 76-88 927

Consulting Times